Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014 - Monday

I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. (Genesis 17:7 NIV)

A covenant is a contract.  It is an agreement between two people, each of whom agrees to the established terms.  Isn't it fasinating that the creator God says this to an old man, Abraham.  He promised Abraham that he would be his God and the god of his children through all generations.  I have no doubt this was difficult to believe for the nearly hundred year old man!  But he had faith.  He had complete confidence.  And he relied on his faith at that moment which was otherwise probably a little hard to believe.

Today, I will consider my faith in God and his promise to Abraham, that the creator of all things is my God too.

No comments:

Post a Comment