Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18, 2014 - Tuesday

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ (Matthew 25:44 NIV)

Regardless of what this passage teaches, my strongest memory of it will always be sitting on my father's lap as he read it to me.  It is part of a story he told me was his favorite--when Jesus delivers the last judgment.

If you recall the full story, this is an extremely scary passage as "they" are just about to find out they will spend eternity apart from God.

Why?  Simply because they didn't recognize Jesus in those who suffer, and they didn't help them.

Today, I will remind myself that every person in need is Jesus, and I will help in any way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment