Thursday, February 27, 2014

February 28, 2014 - Friday

My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside. I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread. (Job 23:11, 12 NIV)

My father used to say, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."  This was one of his motivational speeches and it worked pretty well.  Whenever I'd have a setback, one of those challenging times when I'd lose my desire to try, these words shook me up.  It turns out when you hear them in such a situation, you have only a few seconds to decide if you are tough.  More often than not, I decided I was tough!  And then it is easy to start again.

Job is the perfect example of mental toughness.  He kept going despite the many setbacks he encountered.  Truthfully, his emotions went to some dark places, but he decided, at every turn, to be mentally tough so he could always follow God's path for his life.

Today, I will keep mentally tough--stepping along the path God has placed in front of me, no matter how my feelings try to distract me.

No comments:

Post a Comment