Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014 - Monday

Those who are left in Zion, who remain in Jerusalem, will be called holy, all who are recorded among the living in Jerusalem. (Isaiah 4:3 NIV)

At some point, everything we know will change.  And it is predicted that the proverbial storm will come before the calm.  And afterward, we're told, those who remain will be called holy--they will be dedicated to God, called saints.  

So what?  Is there a point to worrying about a vague future where not everyone wins the big lottery?  If that were the case, then, no.  But that isn't the point.  The reason it is worth keeping our eyes on the prize, so to speak, is that this is no lottery and believers don't need to worry.  And so I ask myself again why I believe and what I believe.  First of all, I have faith because study and experience support it.  There is a simple answer to what I believe, and I often pray it daily, and repeat it at least once a week:


Today, I will sit with my statement of belief several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment