Friday, February 14, 2014

February 14, 2014 - Friday

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. (1 John 4:7 NIV)

Love.  What a perfect reflection on this February 14!  Love has been described many ways, but here is one that isn't too familiar.  But there are a couple of ways to connect with it.  First, by remembering that God IS love.  Second, by understanding that love calls us to action.  

So, what can I take away from this?  That having been born of God means I have chosen to believe in Jesus Christ and that I know something about God.  Also, John makes it clear that I am not alone in this.  And that when I show love to others, I am sharing God's gift with them.

Today, I will act with love, sharing this gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment