Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 10, 2014 - Thursday

but of the Son:
“Your throne, O God, stands forever and ever;
and a righteous scepter is the scepter of your kingdom. (Hebrews 1:8 NABRE)


It is a powerful claim to use the word God in reference to the Son, while describing Jesus.  But that is exactly what the writer does here.

Jesus is depicted as a king and is set above angels.  If you've ever wondered about the divinity of Jesus, today's verse is part of a larger section in the letter to the Jewish Christians in which we see a number of specific references to the ancient messianic prophecies.  For example, see Psalms 45:7 as the verse to which the writer of Hebrews refers.

Today's verse encourages me to remain strong in my faith and passionate about my place in God's plan!


Today, I will submit myself to my king and my God, Jesus, who sacrificed himself for me.


Saint Veronica Giuliani, who carried Christ's cross in her heart, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment