Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 22, 2014 - Tuesday

God set them in the dome of the sky, to illuminate the earth,
to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. God saw that it was good.  (Genesis 1:17-18 NABRE)


As I sit here in the predawn, I'm reminded of the hope and promise each new day brings with it.

Today, although it is Tuesday, the third day of our week, I sense this hope and promise just as deeply as I do on any given Monday--which, by the way, I call the day of hope and promise!

Imagine day four!  Not day four of this week but the very first day four.  Imagine it, whatever it was like.  God was.  People were not.  The sun and moon were made and set in the sky.  Time itself was new.

I'd like to focus on the goodness of each day.  Each day is good for the sole reason that God creates it.  Beyond that, each day has goodness because God's plan is revealed to us a bit more each day.  On the forth day he did some pretty cosmic things.  Today, he does the same.  I cannot explain much of what is.  If we're honest, none of us can.  Yet, fundamentally I am certain of creation's goodness.  And I am certain that each new day brings with it hope and promise.


Today, I will see goodness in this creation, and seek the hope and promise of Jesus' resurrection.


Saint Mary Magdalene, first to find out about Jesus' resurrection, Apostle to the Apostles, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment