Sunday, July 13, 2014

July 13, 2014 - Sunday

If we are unfaithful
he remains faithful,
for he cannot deny himself. (2 Timothy 2:13 NABRE)


Again today, we are reminded that God is constant.  He is faithful.  As we saw on Friday, we can rely on this in times of greatest difficulty.  It is impossible for it to be any other way.

I picture Jesus hanging on the cross.  God and man, suffering unimaginably for us, and yet so faithfully asking the Father to forgive even his executioners.  If we are unfaithful he remains faithful.

Paul's words to Timothy, by now a pastor himself, are meant as encouragement to remain strong in faith and to bear the difficulties of strong faith.


Today, I will fall on my faith that God is merciful and does not abandon me, so that I may endure the hardships of this life, especially those hardships which are actually brought on by my faith.


Saint Henry, a ruler who reminds us that holiness is possible in a busy secular life, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment