Sunday, January 11, 2015

January 11, 2015 - Sunday

God indeed is my salvation;
I am confident and unafraid.
For the LORD is my strength and my might,
and he has been my salvation. (Isaiah 12:2 NABRE)

More than 700 years before Jesus was born, Isaiah describes the confidence God's people placed in the Lord. Today, nearly 3,000 years later, we can say the same.

Lord Jesus, you are indeed my salvation. You keep me from every harm that evil would bring upon me. You deliver me from the inevitable consequence of sin and replace it with hope. My Lord, you are my strength and my might. You carry me through so many days when I would otherwise give up, when I would otherwise give in to exhaustion in its many forms. Your Spirit gives me confidence and takes away my fear. You offer fleeting glimpses of your participation in my life. I want more, but they are enough for me. They remind me that I am never alone. You are always at my side. Always. Thank you, Jesus, my constant companion.


Today, on the feast of the Baptism of the Lord, I will celebrate the unlikely blessing of my own baptism into the spiritual body of Christ.


Blessed William Carter, who encouraged others in faith, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment