Tuesday, January 6, 2015

January 6, 2015 - Tuesday

Then, taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he said the blessing, broke the loaves, and gave them to [his] disciples to set before the people; he also divided the two fish among them all. They all ate and were satisfied. (Mark 6:41-42 NABRE)

As Jesus fed five thousand men and their families, we see how he satisfied all their needs. It is fascinating to notice how he said a blessing before dividing the small amount of food among so many. He begins the impossible task with prayer. Why don't we do the same?

But maybe more remarkable is that all of these people were satisfied! And there was food left over. It is so easy for us to forget the Lord is there for us in the same way. He is anxious to satisfy our needs and even to provide extra!

Lord, may your Spirit guide my thoughts today, leading me to humble gratitude. I ask that you bring my thoughts first to prayer in all of the day's circumstances. And I ask that you satisfy my needs. Not just for me, but for my family too. Satisfy the needs I recognize and the ones I am not even aware of. Remove from me the desire for anything that would lead me away from you. And finally, keep me mindful that it is you who provides the many blessings in my life and It is my job to act as a good steward of what is truly yours.


Today, on this Tuesday after Epiphany, I will remember how great the Lord is and how much he wants to help me and provide for my needs.


Saint André Bessette, who led a holy life dedicated to Saint Joseph, pray for us.
Saint Joseph, husband of Mary, provider for the young Jesus, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment