Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015 - Monday

After John had been arrested, Jesus came to Galilee proclaiming the gospel of God:
“This is the time of fulfillment. The kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:14-15 NABRE)

Jesus' baptism marked the beginning of his saving ministry. In much the same way, our baptism marks the beginning of our service to God. We serve because Jesus, who was the fulfillment of the promise of a savior, calls us to serve God by serving one another.

Jesus, you tell me to repent, to express my sorrow and regret for the times I act, speak and think in ways that hurt, ignore, offend, or reject you. Please accept my repentant heart. Jesus, you tell me to believe in the gospel. Please acknowledge my belief, which I express in all my limited ways, and keep me mindful of  your living presence in me. And Jesus, you tell me to serve others in your name. Please accept my service, showing me even more opportunities to express your presence in our world by helping others in need.


Today, on this great day of hope and promise, I will thank God for the gifts of his Spirit, without which I would not have any power to respond to his call.


Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment