Sunday, January 4, 2015

January 4, 2015 - Sunday

Here comes with power
the Lord GOD,
who rules by his strong arm;
Here is his reward with him,
his recompense before him.
Like a shepherd he feeds his flock;
in his arms he gathers the lambs,
Carrying them in his bosom,
leading the ewes with care. (Isaiah 40:10-11 NABRE)

Shepherd with grazing sheep in Făgăraş Mountains, Romania


Consider all the things that might happen to a sheep while in a field. Good things. Bad things. Dangerous things. And consider the shepherd too. He remains watchful over his flock, with strength and caring. He feeds his flock by leading them to green pastures. He cares for them, even carrying them when they need him most.


Today, I will trust Jesus, my shepherd, in all things that will happen to me throughout this day.


Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, who said, "God has given me a great deal to do, and I have always and hope always to prefer his will to every wish of my own,” pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment