Thursday, January 15, 2015

January 15, 2015 - Thursday

Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7 NABRE)

Lord Jesus, Prince of Peace, thank you for manifesting yourself in our world today. Thank you for each fleeting glimpse of your kingdom though it is still yet to come in its fullness. Thank you for the gift of prayer so that I can share my experiences with you each day. Thank you for hearing and answering my requests, and especially for the moments of clarity when I am able to recognize your responses. 

Lord my God, you keep me from being overcome by anxiety. Thank you for this and for the chance it allows me to know something of your great peace which guards my heart and my mind. Please keep me strong so that these moments of peace may prepare me for the day's trials, so that I might recall you each time my thoughts are drawn away, so that I might welcome the prompting of your Spirit during each moment of decision, and so that I might seek to share your peace with each person you place in my path today.


Today, on this Thankful Thursday, I will express my overwhelming gratitude to the Lord for the many faithful people he has placed in my life.


Saint Paul the Hermit, who teaches us to make choices that bring us closer to God, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment