Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 13, 2015 - Tuesday

He who consecrates and those who are being consecrated all have one origin. Therefore, he is not ashamed to call them “brothers,”
saying:
“I will proclaim your name to my brothers,
in the midst of the assembly I will praise you” (Hebrews 2:11-12 NABRE)

Jesus is our human brother and we share a common origin in God. And Jesus' coming among us, calling us brothers, dedicates us to a holy purpose. He demonstrated for us how to proudly and publically proclaim God's kingdom and how to praise him. He calls us to live so as to give glory to God in the choices we make for our lives.

Brother, thank you for coming among us, for sharing our earthly experience. You know suffering and hardships as I do, even more. You know joy and peace as I do on occasion. Just knowing that you were a man like me is comforting, calling you brother and friend is empowering. Jesus, I realize the greater implication of this is challenge, not comfort. I know that the condition and needs of our fellow man have been left in my hands. My friend, thank you for leaving your holy Spirit to help me and to show me the way that always points back to the Father.


Today, on this Joyful Tuesday, I will accept my brother, Jesus, by praising our Father.


Saint Hilary, whose holiness did not spare you from a life of controversy, problems, pain and frustration, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment