Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015 - Monday

No one takes this honor upon himself but only when called by God, just as Aaron was. (Hebrews 5:4 NABRE)

God raises up each of us to a unique calling. Even Jesus was called by God to be our high priest and messiah. He makes this calling known to us as we grow and seek him.

Our response to God's call is our offering to him, our gift, our choice.

Lord God, when you call me I want to hear you. Where you send me, I want to go. To those who will hear me, I want to speak. Thank you, my God, for the honor of this life and for the unique gifts you have given to me so that I can uniquely answer "yes" to your call.


Today, I will look for the handprint of God on my life, in my talents, in my choices, and in my thoughts.


Saint Macarius the Great of Alexandria, who sought the guidance of the holy Spirit, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment