Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 20, 2015 - Tuesday

When God made the promise to Abraham, since he had no one greater by whom to swear, “he swore by himself,”
and said, “I will indeed bless you and multiply” you.
And so, after patient waiting, he obtained the promise. (Hebrews 6:13-15 NABRE)

Abraham had faith enough to wait patiently for God to fulfill his promise. We should seek the same kind of faith. Can we wait for God? Can we wait with patience?

When we start each day in prayer, no matter how briefly, before the bustle and rush of obligations begins, we set ourselves up for success. We prepare our minds and our hearts to accept what God will provide for us in the day ahead. We recall that God is eternal and not bound by time as we are, so his time isn't influenced by our circumstances.

Lord, thank you for this day and for granting me this time of quiet prayer. I look forward to watching my day's path unfold and learning how you will keep me company in the faces of others. May your holy Spirit bring me the expectation of the fulfillment of your promise and the joyful endurance to wait patiently for it as I walk this path today.


Today, I will remember that God fulfills all his promises for those who patiently wait.


Saint Fabian, unlikely third-century bishop and martyr, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment