Friday, January 9, 2015

January 9, 2015 - Friday

What then shall we say to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31 NABRE)

In Jesus, we can overcome all our afflictions and trials.* In God's love for us, he made "all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Lord, my God, thank you for gathering us to you, for protecting us in all circumstances, and for your perfect love. I trust in your faithfulness to me, confident that you do not leave me stranded in this world. I rely on your protection over my life, with clear memories of the many times you have kept me from harm since I was a boy. And I am grateful for your perfect love, humbled by your call to know and to serve you in this short life of mine.


Today, I will remember that God supports and protects me in very concrete ways as I seek to follow his path.


Saint Adrian of Canterbury, who trusted in God's protection, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment