Saturday, January 3, 2015

January 3, 2015 - Saturday

I have told you this so that you might have peace in me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world. (John 16:33 NABRE)

As the bustle of the holiday season fades a bit, the rush of a new weekend brings with it new distractions. Seeking peace in Jesus' presence can take effort at first, but this effort is blessed. Let's not let the troubles of this world conquer us today. Let's live courageously, with hearts guarded by Jesus.

The Breastplate (or Lorica) of Saint Patrick is a beautiful meditation on the presence of Jesus within me and around me as I walk along the path of this day:
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ in breadth, Christ in length, Christ in height,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

Today, I will meditate on the living presence of Christ within me.


Saint Paul the Hermit, whose profoundly solitary life reminds us that prayerful choices which seem to lead us away from our neighbors eventually lead us back to others, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment